Introduction & Background of AHO
Asia Humanitarian Organization (AHO) is a non-political, non- governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2002. It was formally registered in 2003 under Joint Stock Companies and Societies Act XXI 1860 NWFP-Peshawar- Pakistan – registration No.5/3066 dated 02-05-2003.
AHO has successfully achieved the registration status of Economic Affairs Division (EAD) Islamabad, FATA Secretariat Social Welfare and Commissionerate for Afghan Refugees (CAR).
This is of utmost importance that AHO has been working to respond to the needs of both rural and urban communities of Pakistan specifically in the Province of KP and regions of FATA. A tremendous and consistent impactful progress has been made in achieving results under the core and sector areas of Emergency Response Programs, Advocacy and Social mobilization for Human Institutional Development, Livelihoods Enhancement & Protection, Physical Infrastructure Schemes, Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation, building new partnership with multinational organizations and expansion of development cooperation with both Government and non government sectors of Pakistan.
During the past decades, Pakistan has been prone to physical, social, economic and environmental vulnerabilities with least coping capacity and due to all this, there has been a response gap for the humanitarian community to fill the required gap. Lack of proper Health, Education, Infrastructure, Agriculture, WASH and livelihood opportunities has compelled development partners to devote much of its time in planning, strategy making and practical response making to address these challenges.
In nutshell, AHO’s interventions are planned to create a peaceful society where the communities have all kind of liberties to exercise their basic rights and lead a secure, peaceful and healthy life. Whereas, the specific focus of AHO remains on the marginalized, helpless and poverty ridden communities.
Aims & Objectives
- Poverty alleviation focused to enhance decent livelihood opportunities
- Advocacy and Awareness for Protecting Child Rights and related abuses
- Advocacy and Awareness for Protecting Women Rights
- WASH Facilities Services and Facilitation both Urban and Rural Context
- Capacity Building & Mobilization of Communities to cope with any Pre-Post Disaster Sitution
- Rehabilitation of People with Disability (PWD’s) through necessary assistance and support
- Community Mobilization and Motivation for ensuring Mother & Child Health Care (MCH)
- Primary & Tech. Education improvement along with Capacity Building of parents and teachers
- Awareness Raising Campaign for the prevention Fatal Diseases like HIV/AIDS etc
- Environmental Protection & its social management through community engagement
- Micro credit & financing for poverty alleviation and sustainable livelihood enhancement