Introduction & Background of AHO
Asia Humanitarian Organization (AHO) is a non-political, non- governmental and not-for-profit organization established in 2002. It was formally registered in 2003 under Joint Stock Companies and Societies Act XXI 1860 NWFP-Peshawar- Pakistan – registration No.5/3066 dated 02-05-2003.
AHO strives for the uplift of both rural and urban communities in Pakistan, especially in the province of KP (Khyber Pakhtunkhawa) and FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas).It works with communities through awareness raising and social mobilization mainly for improved livelihoods, education, health and WASH facilities.
In the current unpredictable scenario in Pakistan, especially in KP province and FATA, where the communities are faced with multifaceted problems and are affected in almost all walks of day to day life and need immediate attention. These communities, beside continuous security threats, due to conflicts and natural disasters are suffering from lack of Health, Education, Infrastructure, Agriculture, WASH and livelihood opportunities thus making community restoration, a key activity by all the development partners for solving these issues. AHO has devoted much of its time and resources for relief and rehabilitation activities for the affected communities.
The overall Objective of AHO’s interventions and scope of work is to establish a peaceful and harmonised society where the communities have all kind of liberties to exercise their basic rights and lead a secure, peaceful and healthy life. Whereas, the specific focus of AHO remains on the marginalized, helpless and poverty ridden communities.
Our Aims & Objectives:
1. Poverty alleviation through enhancing livelihood opportunities1. Poverty alleviation through enhancing livelihood opportunities
2. Protection of Child Rights and Child Abuse through advocacy and awareness
3. Protection of Women Rights through advocacy and community mobilization
4. Provision of WASH Facilities.
5. Disaster Risk Reduction and Mitigation through community mobilization and capacity building
6. Rehabilitation of Disabled persons through essential assistance
7. Mother & Child Health Care through community mobilization and motivation
8. Improvement of Primary & Technical Education through capacity building of teachers and parents.
9. Awareness Campaign for the prevention of HIV/AIDS through Mass Media
10. Environmental Protection through community awareness and motivation
11. Micro credit for poverty alleviation and sustainable livelihood